A mentor empowers a person to see a possible future and believe it can be obtained.
I have started, grown and exited a number of business over the last 20 years, the main one being Kinvara Smoked Salmon.
During that time I have had some fantastic successes, however, what is far more interesting is the mistakes I have made along the way and I have made some spectacular ones. I am delighted to share these real life experiences with the entrepreneurs who are starting their journeys.
I am a mentor with Enterprise Ireland and a number of Local Enterprise Offices and work with SCCUL mentors in Galway as a mentor and as a judge/mentor in their annual business awards. I am delighted to say that along with my judging partner Cait Noone we have the honour of mentoring the outright winner for the last 2 years.
This year I was accepted as the first Irish member of the UK “Association of Business Mentors”
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Winner in the National Sales and Marketing Awards in ‘SME Marketing'
- Winner in the Western Region Marketing Institute ‘Excellence in Marketing Practice'
- Runner-up in the Small Firms Association National Awards
- Winner of The Irish Food Writers Guild Food Award
- MBA with Merit
- Diploma in Strategic Management
- Professional Consultant course with Advanced Management Skills (AMD) London.
- Successful Mentoring course with the Business Mentors Association in London.
- Level 6 Train the Trainer course
- REGISTERED CONSULTANT FOR THE EUROPEAN BANK OF RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Guest speaker at the International Humber Seafood Summit July 2010, Grimsby UK.
- Featured in Small Firms Association ‘Owner Manager Magazine’ Vol. 3 issue 3.
- Business Mentor with SCCUL Mentors Galway.
- Business Mentor with Galway County & City Enterprise Board.
- Business Mentor with Mayo County Enterprise Board
- Ireland’s First Member to the UK Business Mentors Association www.associationofbusinessmentors.org